- 1 Chelsea FC vs Manchester United: 18th April EPL Match Preview
- 1.1 Chelsea FC last five matches –
- 1.2 Manchester United last five matches-
- 1.3 Chelsea FC vs Manchester United: A battle of strategies
- 1.4 Mourinho vs. Louis Van Gaal: A game of strategy
- 1.5 David De Gea vs. Thibaut Courtois: A battle of Goalkeepers
- 1.6 The Ex-Factors –
- 1.7 Chelsea FC vs Manchester United expected starting eleven –
This Saturday night, London is going to see, the most fierce football battle of this season, as Chelsea, the EPL toppers are going to take on, an in-form Manchester United on their home ground. Here is a quick Chelsea FC vs. Manchester United match preview, injury updates and a pre-game analysis from a specialist’s eye.
This match may define the last equations of the table’s top four. United is on its roll, defeating Tottenham, Liverpool and Manchester City within a months period while on the other hand, both stats and x-factors are in favour of Chelsea.
Chelsea FC vs Manchester United: 18th April EPL Match Preview
Chelsea FC’s form –
The team has almost claimed the league title with several points ahead. Not to mention the recent champions luck is also favouring them, which we witnessed in Fabregas’s goal last time. Getting surpass United will not be much big deal if of-course Mourinho the special brain does something new. The absence of Costa will be felt.
Chelsea FC last five matches –
Chelsea 2 – 2 Paris SG
Chelsea 1 – 1 Southampton
Hull City 2 – 3 Chelsea
Chelsea 2 – 1 Stoke City
QPR 0 – 1 Chelsea
Chelsea FC injury threats:
Diego Costa – The in-form striker is suffering with hamstring injury.
Manchester United’s form –
Defeating the big clubs with such a short span, and uplifting their level of playing, has put United on this magical roll recently. All the players are looking at their best shape. Fellaini, Mata, Young, Carrick, Blind, Herrera, Rooney all are creating huge chances at the attacking third. The team is not depended on any particular player anymore and the whole team has been showing this flair, even without Robin Van Persie and Luke Shaw, who eventually are going to join back the squad now.Louis Van Gaal has achieved the highest note the team can bring on ground and is looking to perform beyond.
Manchester United last five matches-
Manchester United 1-2 Arsenal
Manchester United 3-0 Tottenham
Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United
Manchester United 3-1 Aston Villa
Manchester United 4-2 Manchester City
Manchester United injury threats:
Robin Van Persie and Luke Shaw have returned from their injury, while Carrick may be unfit for tomorrow.
Chelsea FC vs Manchester United: A battle of strategies
LVG has recently put up the United’s left flank show! Young and Blind, with the areal presence of Fellaini are causing serious harm to all the opponents.
Now Mourinho would never allow his opponent to put up their best weapon successfully on field. So here is what Mourinho can do, to stop the United’s Left flank brigade. What so ever, prediction is Mourinho can look to be conservative while LVG can opt to go for all.
Mourinho vs. Louis Van Gaal: A game of strategy
- Mou must put up some defensively effective winger down at their right flank. This being a key to make the Blind and Young duo face some regular challenges whenever they choose to overlap. Ramirez can be the key here!
- At the same time, the Fellaini threat will also be taken care. Odds are Mou may go for Ivanovic look after him, at attacking third. Bringing Zouma in mid-field can also be an option. Fellaini can also have an attack to Azpilicueta heading Young’s and Blind’s crosses from far post, making Terry rather busy behind him. This may cause Rooney to get some space at the re-bound.
- Mourinho would surely want to attack down United’s right flank, and Hazard is going to sweat Valencia a lot! To get the Hazard threat defended, LVG can introduce, Shaw in left back!
- Matic in right mid will always be busy, so, it is possible if we see Remy or Fabregas trying to play alongside to make sure the offensive output.
- Carrick (if fit) will have to take care of Fabregas, like he did with Coutinho in Anfield.
- LVG has a lot of options in defence, it would be interesting to see, whom he pitches against the Chelsea attacking line. Rojo may get a chance to take care of Hazard as well.
David De Gea vs. Thibaut Courtois: A battle of Goalkeepers
De Gea and Courtois both have been outstanding this year. De Gea is preliminary listed on PFA Players’ Player of the Year award and the Young Player prize while on the other hand Courtois has also shown some stuff down beneath the bar. It would be a world class keeping show, as we can expect.
The Ex-Factors –
- Angel Di Maria: Pitched against Hazard’s team can also inspire the Argentine as to work some key moves down the left flank.
- Oscar: The Brazilian midfielder can reduce Fabregas’s work load by putting constant pressure with follow troughs down Blind’s overlapped free space.
- Juan Mata: The Spaniard will look to reply Jose Mourinho with what worth he has got.
- Didier Drogba: The old man can again put some quantities down his Chelsea carrier as he has been doing all these years, whenever pitched against United.
Match: Chelsea FC vs. Manchester United
Day: 18th April, 2015
Stadium: Stamford Bridge
Kick Off: 17.30 hours (Local Time), 22.00 hours (IST)
Chelsea FC vs Manchester United expected starting eleven –
Chelsea FC expected starting eleven:
Courtois, John Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Willian, Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar, Remy
Manchester United expected starting eleven:
De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Valencia, Blind, Young, Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Rooney, Van Perie
This Saturday Chelsea FC and Manchester United are going to define the league table’s top four. The fiercest battle will be accompanied by most beautiful football show. Let Chelsea FC vs Manchester United begin!!