- 1 COPA America 2015: Chile vs Ecuador match preview
- 2 COPA America 2015: Chile vs Ecuador match preview
- 3 Achievements of Chile and Ecuador in COPA America history
- 4 Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match preview: Players to keep an eye on
- 5 Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match preview: Injury Updates
- 6 Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match preview: Expected starting line-up:
- 7 Football Lens prediction of Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match result –
The first match of Copa America 2015 is here in the doorstep where the host nation Chile is going to take on Ecuador. Without much delay let us just have a brief look over Chile vs Ecuador match preview, strategy analysis and a bit prediction.
COPA America 2015: Chile vs Ecuador match preview
Chile in Copa America 2015
The country has never witnessed such madness and support all around for their Copa hunt, since the golden era of Salas-Zamorano. The supporters are backing the host nation with utmost believe and pride. Well this may have a connection to the last World Cup, where the Chilean squad not only outplayed a European giant like Spain out of the World Cup, but also was in the verge of eliminating Brazil also. The team has been playing beautiful pressing football. Later after the World Cup the team did have a bit minor road-bumps in friendly matches but that would not have any impact on such a big tournament.
Ecuador in Copa America 2015
Yes, the country do not have match to glorify about in Copa history but this time having led by a phenomenon coach like Quinteros, they must look forward to deliver some damage to usual predictions.
COPA America 2015: Chile vs Ecuador match preview
Coaches Angle and Strategy analysis in Chile vs Ecuador match preview
Jorge Sampaoli – This man has changed the course of the Chilean football. He was the one who demanded and introduced a combined form of very high tempo counter attacking football along with pressing the opponent to their sideline while having ball position. It is believed that due to this Argentine manager, the Chile national team did such brilliant in World Cup last summer.
Gustavo Quinteros – Having played and managed different clubs of Latin America and his own country, Gustavo Quinteros has been given the chance to make a mark with the Ecuador squad. The coach’s main challenge would be to set a mark in the history of Ecuador’s Copa hunt. During last few friendly matches Ecuador couldn’t hammer its opponents much but a spark of fast counter attacking football achieved appreciation.
Achievements of Chile and Ecuador in COPA America history
Chile’s Copa America Achievements
- Chile has never won the Copa America tournament. They were runners up in 1955 and 1956.
- Chile has their best Copa records playing as in their own nation as host country.
Ecuador’s Copa America Achivements
- We really do not have much to talk about here, as Ecuador only managed to win four games out of 22 encounters.
Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match preview: Players to keep an eye on
Chile’s players to keep an eye on
- Claudio Bravo – The goalkeeper has been outstanding in F.C Barcelona jersey and in national jersey last World Cup. The captain has a sublime reflex and anticipation with a commanding leading quality down their defence. He is one of the main reasons why Chile is considered as a ‘Dark Horse’ this time!
Also Read: Top Five Goalkeepers of Copa America 2015
- Alexis Sánchez – The Arsenal forward has single headedly pulled his club team in the top third position of English Premier league and won the FA Cup. The former Barcelona player has been in outstanding form and has earned many a legend’s respect. With him, forward Chile won’t have to worry for a lethal poacher any more. He is one of the best in his class!
- Arturo Vidal – This Juventus defender cum central defensive midfielder is another one to watch out for. Vidal’s box to box play and hard tackles can relief the Chilean defence out of many dangers.
Ecuador’s players to keep an eye on
- Enner Valencia – This West ham forward is very fast and quiet dangerous in dead-ball situations. Ecuador will be looking at him to score.
- Walter Ayovi – The defender is going to play his 100th international match in his national jersey. The left-back cum left-winger knows how to destroy opponents defence from a flank!
Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match preview: Injury Updates
Chile’s Injury list for Copa America 2015
Chile does not have much to worry about as Vidal has been declared fit to play. But still the absences of a striker like Esteban Paredes and a midfielder like Carlos Carmona will be felt.
Ecuador’s Injury list for Copa America 2015
Ecuador faced a huge blow, as their star player Antonio Valencia has been ruled out of the tournament due to a ankle surgery. The wing back cum leader will be missed undoubtedly. Apart from him, striker Felipe Caicedo and midfielder Michael Arroyo will also not be available.
Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match preview: Expected starting line-up:
Chile’s expected starting line-up against Ecuador:
Bravo; Silva, Medel, Jara; Isla, Beausejour, Aranguiz, Mena, Vidal; Vargas, Sanchez
Ecuador’s expected starting line-up against Chile:
Dominguez; Paredes, Ayovi, Mina, Achilier; Martinez, Noboa, Lastra, Bolanos, Montero; Valencia
Head to Head
Chile FIFA Ranking: 19
Ecuador FIFA Ranking: 31
Chile Won: 27 times
Ecuador won: 10 times
Football Lens prediction of Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match result –
Chile vs Ecuador Copa America match preview is been given with all latest updates. For more updates about live streaming and other matches preview keep in touch with Football Lens.