Come 23rd March it’s yet another El-Clásico mate!! Messi fans taking on Ronaldo fans again! The vicious dual of the Spanish Football, taking the greatest throne of the Football World! This time it’s going to be as hard as one football addict enthusiast can possibly imagine. Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are going to take on each other having only a single point difference in the table. Who will come up this time?
Its LM10 vs CR7 back on!
Both the teams have won their previous matches and are in top form. Real coming back from a struggled patch and have back Bale’s scoring habit is a sure curse to Barca supporters. At the same time, the Catalans blowing off Manchester City in Champions League is making them confident enough to take on Real at home stadium.
Let us accumulate all the positives and negatives and have a preview of the Barcelona vs. Real Madrid encounter –
Bagging 21 wins FC Barcelona is sitting right on top of the table. They have 65 points with one less loss than their rival. The Barca trio of Messi-Neymar-Suarez is well established and playing a much dedicated role in the team’s recent success. The FC Barcelona defence also is La Liga’s most content authority as they have conceded the least amount of goals among the twenty teams.
Real Madrid on the other hand has the same no. of wins but lacks one point due to one less draw in the run. They had a recent block after a very turmoiling encounter against Schalke in the Champions League. The team though came back strong at their Levante Encounter prior to the away clash. The B-B-C (Benzema-Bale-Ronaldo) chant is on air again! Ancelotti couldn’t sound more positive before the El-Clásico. At yesterday’s press conference the Madridista coach delivered –
“We were brimming with confidence in the first half. The second half worries me a little bit. It is going to be a different match compared with tonight’s. We need to be at our best, at our best we can win”.
Match Date: 23rd March Stadium: Camp Nou, Barcelona Kickoff Timing: 09.00 pm (Local timing), 01.30 am IST
Expected Starting Eleven of El- Clásico
Real Madrid: Keylor Navas(13), Pepe(3), Sergio Ramos(4), Cristiano Ronaldo(7), Benzema(9), Bale(11), Marcelo(12), Carvajal(15), Lucas Silva(16), Modric(19), Isco (23).
FC Barcelona: Ter Stegen(1), Alves(22), Piqué(3), Mascherano(14), J.Alba(18), Sergio(5), Rakitić(4), Iniesta(8), Suárez(9), Neymar(11), Messi(10)
Players to keep an eye on:
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Fans doubting his form for last couple of matches may hit Ronaldo’s pride. What can be a better stage to regain his dominance than El- Clásico?
- Gareth Bale: Supporters have ‘BOOOOO!!!’ed him for quite some time and the left footer just got his scoring days back just before the Spanish Derby! Food for interest, isn’t it?
- Modric: The man has regained the Madrid’s mid-field dominance. He sure can put up a show at the night.
- Lionel Messi: The wizard is scoring everyday and is on his role. Recent Pele’s comment may put his mood into challenge mod.
- Neymar: Whenever there is a big clash! You know who is going to pack the rack!
- Mascherano: The shield bull-dozer will take care of Real’s counter attack! Keep an eye on this guy and discover some defensive brilliance.
Like all other previous El- Clásico this one is again going to charge up the whole football world. The Spanish League’s top two will get on field with all their sweat and blood and football brilliance. Get ready football freaks. Show-time’s ahead!