When Manchester United(56) is endeavoring to score more two points to stay among the top four teams in English Premier League point table and to beat Arsenal(57) as well as Manchester City(58), they have got another on-field battle against Liverpool, which is having 54 points on the go.
Both teams come with a good team lineup as well as performance and all those combinations have given Man Utd four consecutive wins and Liverpool five consecutive wins. Now, Liverpool and Manchester United are going to be on the field on Sunday 22 March at Anfield.
Current News of Liverpool and Manchester United
Liverpool: Although, the 22 years old Defender of Liverpool, Jon Flanagan, was out of the match due to casual injury, yet, he is back. In a press conference, he has stated that now he is fit and can be in this upcoming big match. He has said that –
As of Friday, I’m back in full training with the squad, so it’s good. I’m delighted. I’m 100 per cent now and it is exciting times. I’m back in training with the lads and feeling great.
In last five or six matches, Liverpool has played really well and that yielded five wins after one by one against some big teams in EPL such as Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur etc.
Manchester United: Although, they have lost against Swansea, yet, MANU has got four wins out of last six matches. In the last match, against Spurs, this red giant has played well and scored 3 goals. Obviously, this win against Spurs has multiplied their confidence several times. But, this team needs to have more confidence on the field.
As Manchester United has lost chance to come back in FA Cup, they need to do play better in EPL to secure their position completely. They were defeated by Arsenal for 2-1 at their home ground. But, the coach, Van Gaal is really impressed after getting a great win against Spurs in the last match.
Match Date: 22nd March Stadium: Anfield Kickoff Timing: 19:00 (Local Time)
Expected Staring Eleven of Manchester United and Liverpool
Manchester United: David de Gea(1), Rafael(2), Phil Jones(4), Marcos Rojo(5), Jonny Evans(6), Angel Di Maria(7), Juan Mata(8), Falcao(9), Wayne Rooney(10), Michel Carrick(16), Ashley Young(18).
Liverpool: Bradley Jones(1), Glen Johnson(2), Jose Enrique(3), Kolo Toure(4), Dejan Lovren(6), Joe Allen(24), Rickie Lambert(9), Philippe Coutinho(10), Jordan Henderson(14), Daniel Sturridge(15), Mamadou Sakho(17).
Players to Look at
- Wayne Rooney: He has scored only one goal, yet, he has played really well and has supported entire team all the time.
- Ángel Di María: This Argentine player has changed the way of Manchester United’s performance on the field. Although, he has not scored huge number of goals but, still he played well.
- Michael Carrick: Being Midfielder, Carrick has played well on behalf of Manchester United and everyone is looking at him after scoring a goal against Tottenham Hotspur.
- Mignolet: When, club assigned this player for the position of goalkeeper, a lot of people were against that decision. But, Mignolet has played really well.
- Jordan Henderson: When, Gerrard was replaced by Henderson for the Liverpool captain, there were lots of rumor flying around the club. But, this man this man has proved that he is the perfect person for this job.
- Joe Allen: This is the perfect replacement to Gerrard in Liverpool. This Midfielder has been playing well for this club in EPL.
Undoubtedly, both teams are playing well and the result is coming through the scoreboard. But, this match will decide whether Manchester United has the capability to stay in fourth position or not. Because, if Liverpool wins the match, they will take the place of Manchester United.